With all of this talk about firing Nick, it makes sense to take a look at what he has done relative to his peers. In particular, Les Miles has demonstrated he brings more value to the table than Saban when given the chance and is more affordable. Below are the top 5 reasons why Les Miles is a better man than Nick Saban:
- Les had a higher win % at LSU right after Nick left!
Over his tenure at LSU from 2005-2013 Les had a win percentage of .798
Over his tenure at LSU from 2000-2004 Nick had a win percentage of .750
- Nick has let his team down in the postseason by losing a bowl game by almost 40 points!
Les’s highest margin loss in a bowl game was by 26 points to Ohio State in the 2004 Alamo Bowl
Nick’s highest margin loss in a bowl game was by 38 points to Stanford in the 1996 Sun Bowl
- Les has played a higher strength of schedule than Nick
Since 2009, Les has an average SOS of 5.326
Throughout his career, he has had an average SOS of 3.98
Since 2009, Nick has an average SOS of 4.942
Throughout his career, he has had an average SOS of 3.85
- Les is a better recruiter
As an example, Les and Nick recently battled to recruit High School phenom Dylan Moses. Saban lost out in the end.
- Les has a lower $/win ratio – let’s hire him!